Are you an independent training provider that currently purchases products and services to support your e-learning? If yes, have you heard of Gem for WBL? If not you may wish to continue reading…
Gem for WBL is an initiative being led by Jisc and is essentially a website offering users savings on products and services via suppliers and negotiated contracts. The service is currently free for training providers to use. It is funded by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) and supported by the Association of Employment and Learning Providers.
Gem for WBL was established last year but it is clearly gaining momentum as more and more suppliers join its growing database, each offering discounted rates to providers that purchase through the Gem site.
Currently the site has products and services available in the following areas:
- Mobile phones, business telephone systems and wireless networks
- Online assessment software for apprenticeships and e-portfolio solutions
- Voice and video feedback applications which have uses for training organisations
- Learner destination tracking services
- Management Information System for tracking SF funded delivery
- Plus more…
If you have not yet visited the Gem site, it’s worth a look and Steve Durham, the project lead is also currently holding a number of free online webinars to introduce the service. (I’ll let you know the date of the next one when I have it).
To register to use the service visit the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To read more of Wobble click here.